This is the round-up post for August’s Carnival of Aces. This month’s theme was relationships, and we had a wide range of participants and posts.
Guess what? Everybody made the cut! (Ok, it was never a competition to begin with, but now you can’t say you’ve never won anything). Here’s the rundown, in alphabetical order:
- Ace Eccentric (from an Asexual Space) questions what’s important and what’s not about sex(ual attraction) in a relationship.
- Akalashi steps out of the comfort zone and talks about a lifelong relationship with a particular boy.
- Azaelia presents her views as an outside observer.
- Carina talks about being in a long distance relationship.
- Captain Heartless is happy with having groups of relationships.
- Emily (from Shades of Gray) is overthinking it (it being romantic attraction).
- Emily (from Really and Ideally) on how she places a much greater value on friendship than on romance when it comes to relationships
- Emily (from things and stuff) thinks it’s important for people in romantic relationships to be friends as well as partners.
- Isaac (from Mundo Heterogeneo) should definitely translate into Spanish his post on squishes and zucchinis (apretaditos y calabacitas?)
- Jillian (from A Fine Line) puts their paws up for Lady Gaga.
- Kaz on how we assume desire for touch is a necessary component of close relationships.
- Maddox (that’s me, from Neutrois Nonsense) is simply not interested.
- Minverva (from Hypomnemata) describes being in a queerplatonic life partnership.
- Teafeather talks about a long-term friendship.
Have fun reading all of these diverse perspectives and takes on the theme of relationships. Please comment on the posts and let others know what you think (or didn’t think of), and leave your meta-comment here on what you thought of the carnival.
The next round of Carnivalesque Aceness goes on to Ace Eccentric at An Asexual Space.