Demographics | Bio | Extended Bio | Identity | Do’s and Don’ts | Resources | Photographs | Press, Media, and Advocacy
- Name: Micah
- Age: 30
- Born: Mexico City, Mexico
- Current Location: San Francisco, CA
- Occupation: Transgender Health Consultant
- Email: micah AT neutrois.me
- Best way to contact: Email. We can then set up a call or meet in person.
- Born and raised in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Currently live in San Francisco with my spouse.
- Identify as transgender, specifically non-binary.
- List of publications I’ve been featured in.
Transition has been a focal point in my life for the past five years. The biggest question I’ve had to tackle is: how can I live my life in the most authentic way possible, while acknowledging that the world is still strictly divided into male and female?
My story, much like identity, is not a linear narrative. My blog houses a detailed timeline of my transition: medical, social, and legal. I have changed my name and my gender, socially and legally. I have had two surgeries and have been on a low-dose of hormones for years. Ultimately, I have come to a place where I feel comfortable being myself, both in my own body and out in society.
I identify as transgender, because my gender identity does not match the gender I was assigned at birth. My gender is non-binary, meaning it does fit neatly into the binary categories of “male” or “female.”
The label I use for my gender is not as important. The most accurate explanation for my gender is neither female nor male; not both, not in between, but neither. Neutrois, the original namesake for my blog, is one term that describes this gender.
My sexual identity is asexual.
Please read the accompanying Media Guidelines For Non-Binary Identities to ensure respectful coverage.
Recommended Articles and Blog Posts
- What the Ruby Rose Obsession Misses About “Gender Fluid” Lives, The Advocate, July 2015
- Transition Timeline
- Today’s Truth
- Be Yourself
- Past Life
- Explaining Genderqueer To Those Who Are Not
Images and other photos available in hi-res upon request. Please contact for permission before using any photograph.