For over six years, I’ve been chronicling my transition and what it means to live in a world where my non-binary gender does not exist. In the process, I’ve become a published writer, an expert advocate, and an engaging educator.
My site neutrois.me has become a leading resource for thoroughly researched information, easy to understand articles, nonbinary lived experiences, and my personal chronicles with transition. It is widely shared among the trans community, with 20K+ followers.
Aside from panels and speaking opportunities, I present my own content at international conferences. My knowledge is sought after by people in the midst of their own transition process as much as by leading practitioners in the field.
Advising & Consulting
I advise and consult and strategize and act as “subject matter expert” on various topics around transgender health; my work involves education, research, resources, operations strategy, program deployment, and endless charisma.
Other advising opportunities:
- Health Across the Gender Spectrum, Coursera by Stanford Medical
- The ABC’s of LGBTs, a new YA book by Ash Mardell
- The Diversity Style Guide, Center for Integration and Improvement of Journalism at San Francisco State University
In my previous life I was a software engineer, UI designer, and product manager in the tech industry.
Workshops and Trainings
Gender Odyssey, Professional track (for medical providers)
- Non-Binary Transition (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Understanding Non-Binary Identities, Youth (2015, 2016)
Gender Odyssey, Community/Adult track
- Non-Binary Transition (2012, 2013)
- Asexuality 101 Panel (2013)
- Non-Binary Transition (2012, 2013, 2016)
- Non-Binary Discussion, Moderator (2013)
- Understanding Non-Binary Identities (2012, Teen Track)
- Simultaneous Spanish translation for sessions (2012, 2013)
- Expert panelist in the Forum for Recognition of Transgender Rights in Mexico City
- Volunteer speaker for SF LGBT Speaker’s Bureau at local schools
- Various local trainings, consultation for educational materials and media articles
- Non-Binary Anthology, Columbia University Press, upcoming in Fall 2018
- Explaining Genderqueer To Those Who Are Not, Huffington Post, 2016
- Don’t Dismiss Me For Being Genderqueer, Huffington Post, 2015
- What the Ruby Rose Obsession Misses About “Gender Fluid” Lives, The Advocate, 2015
- These 5 Myths Might Be Holding You Back From Non-Binary Transition, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- The Gender Playbook: A Guide to Figuring Out Your Non-Binary Identity, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- No Transition Template, NY Times Transgender Today, June 2015
- Manning Up: Transsexual Men on Finding Brotherhood, Family and Themselves, Transgress Press, 2013
- Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource For the Transgender Community, Oxford University Press
University of Pennsylvania
BSE, Computer Science and Design
2008, Magna Cum Laude
University of San Francisco
MSOD, Organizational Development